Why we collect your personal data and what we do with it
When you supply your personal details to Stone Osteopaths it is stored and processed for 4 reasons:
- Stone Osteopaths need to collect personal information about your health to provide you with the best possible treatment. Your requesting treatment and our agreement to provide that care constitutes a contract. You can, of course, refuse to provide the information, but if you were to do that we would not be able to provide treatment.
- We have a Legitimate Interest in collecting that information, because without it we couldn’t do our job effectively and safely.
- We also think that it is important that we can contact you to confirm your appointments with us or to update you on matters related to your medical care. This again constitutes a Legitimate Interest, but this time it is your legitimate interest.
- Provided we have your consent, we may occasionally send you general health information in the form of articles, advice or newsletters. You may withdraw this consent at any time – just let us know by any convenient method.
We have a legal obligation to retain your records for 8 years after your most recent appointment (or until you are aged 25, if this is longer), but after this period you can ask us to delete your records if you wish. Otherwise, we will retain your records for 15 years from your last appointment date then destroy them confidentially.
Your medical records are stored on paper, in locked, fireproof filing cabinets, and the offices are always secured out of working hours.
We only store your name, contact number and date of birth electronically on a system called Shedul. This provider has given us their assurances that they are fully compliant with the General Data Protection Regulations. Access to this data is password protected.
We will never share your data with anyone who does not need access without your written consent. Only the following people/agencies will have routine access to your data:
• Your practitioner(s) in order that they can provide you with treatment
• Our reception staff, because they organise our practitioners’ diaries, and coordinate appointments and reminders.
• Our out of hours reception cover is provided by a specialist company called Best Reception. Again, like our reception staff, Best Reception coordinate appointments and reminders, they have a secure login & password to access Shedul to allow them to carry out this role. Best Reception do not have access to your medical history/sensitive information. This provider has given us their assurances that they are fully compliant with the General Data Protection Regulations
You have the right to see what personal data of yours we hold, and you can also ask us to correct any factual errors. Provided the legal minimum period has elapsed, you can also ask us to erase your records.
We want you to be confident that Stone Osteopaths are treating your personal data responsibly, and that we are doing everything we can to make sure that the only people who can access that data have a genuine need to do so.
Of course, if you feel that we are mishandling your personal data in some way, you have the right to complain. Complaints need to be sent to Stone Osteopaths Data Controller.
Data Controller – Rebecca Podmore B.Sc.(Ost) Hons.B.A
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Tele – 01785 816 481
19 Lichfield Street
If you are not satisfied with our response, then you have the right to raise the matter with the Information Commissioner’s Office.